Monday 3 September 2007

Last Day in Hospital

I've been told I can go home tomorrow.
best news since this all started.

When I was admitted for my operation, I volunteered to be a case study for a student nurse (I was picked through a long selection process that involved figuring out who was the only person admitted on the day she came on duty).

Most of this just meant she could get access to all my care reports and stuff, but as I am leaving tomorrow I had to spend an hour answering a lot of questions for a fairly extensive study on the psychological effects of being in hospital, and how your illness had affected your emotion and philosophies on life. Much to my surprise I got quite tearful a couple of times during the interview, and once again I realised how expressing emotions is really hard in a language (German) that is not your mother tongue (English).

The student nurse was very sweet and understanding, I think she may have chosen the right profession.

No comments: